Post count: 5

Hello, I am sorry to hear of your struggles with your doctor! I firstly suggest you see another doctor and insist on some kind of assessment. Tell your doctor you are uncomfortable leaving your house and find looking after yourself difficult.The doctor can refer you to a psychologist who could maybe work out if you have autism or something similar. I also suggest that you phone your local social services, explain you are struggling to look after yourself and that you feel uncomfortable leaving the house but the doctor won't help you. They may be able to give your doctor a letter saying you need assessing. If you search the internet for your local council, find about social care, or the "disabled team" I am amazed how you have coped alone all these years. Well done. Do not let anyone put you down. I have a 7 year old with autism and see how he struggles every day, and he is in a loving family so I can't imagine how hard it must be for you. I am here if you need any further advice. Don't give in, keep going to your doctor asking for an assessment. Try a new doctor if all else fails.Check out this link, it's from the national autistic society, if you phone them they will advise you on the best thing to do to get a diagnosis. http://www.autism.org.uk/living-with-autism/adults-with-autism-or-asperger-syndrome.aspx