Home Forums Frequently Asked Questions Problems getting my son diagnosed with Autism Re: Re: Problems getting my son diagnosed with Autism

Post count: 96

you dont need a diagnosis to get extra help.You can apply to the LEA direct and get a parental statement referal.http://local.direct.gov.uk/LDGRedirect/index.jsp?LGSL=9&LGIL=0&ServiceName=Apply+for+an+assessment+of+special+educational+needsfill in your post code tell them everything that it asks in the formalso contact parent partnershiphttp://www.parentpartnership.org.uk/ These can help with anything education related uk only They are an independant panel who can arrange for a statement and be your go between for home ,education,and school http://autismandaspergersinthefamily.freeforums.org/schools-uk-usa-worldwide-f20.html